In order for you or your organization to be eligible for a filming permit, Liability Insurance is required. A CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE must be provided to the Paterson Office of Special Events 48 hours in advance of your online permit application submission. A copy must also be submitted to the Paterson Film & Entertainment Commission via email to email@example.com. When submitting your online permit application, be sure the Company Name matches exactly the name of Insured on your insurance certificate.
The CERTIFICATE must include:
- The name and address of the insured person or production company.
- The Certificate Holder must read as follows:
The City of Paterson
Office of Special Events
155 Market St
Paterson, NJ 07505
- The Description of Operations on the certificate must read as follows: “The City of Paterson, including its officials and employees, as additional insured.”
- That the policy provides at least One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) [usually listed as 1,000 thousands] in US currency or its equivalent of Comprehensive General Liability for each instance of claim.
- The name of the insurance company and of the broker, with the broker’s signature and phone number.
- The policy number.
- The dates for which the policy is in effect, including both the start and expiration dates.
- That the policy may not be modified or canceled without seven days prior written notification to the Office of Special Events.
PDFs of Insurance certificates are accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org ONLY if sent directly by the insurance broker. A copy must also be submitted to the Paterson Film & Entertainment Commission via email to email@example.com. We are not able to accept insurance certificates submitted by production companies or individuals.
Student Films: Students must obtain a letter from their school, on the school’s letterhead, stating the student’s name, their status as a student (i.e. full-time, in good standing) the date(s) of the shoot and the signature of the appropriate representative from the school. For students whose schools are located outside of Paterson, please check with our office to see if your school’s insurance is on file with us.
PLEASE NOTE: The appearance of any broker on this list does not constitute an endorsement of the said broker by the City of Paterson. The listing is provided simply as a convenience for persons or organizations who do not have insurance and wish to investigate the various companies specializing in Comprehensive General Liability geared to the entertainment industry.